Recent NewsWhat's happening
at CFMDC …
- The digital platform responds to a need for an online infrastructure to support the distribution and dissemination of creative content to local, national and international presenters, curators and the public buyers.
- This initiative builds on recommendations contained in the Distribution of Artist-Driven Film and Video study, which examined Council’s role in sustaining the health of the media arts sector and improving accessibility of productions and financial return to artists.
- The platform launch is scheduled for spring of 2016, and will feature existing media artworks and add new ones on an ongoing basis.
- No funds from Council granting programs were diverted to support this initiative.
- The Canadian Coalition for Independent Media Arts Distributors was created in 2013. It includes the following organizations: Canadian Filmmakers Distribution Centre (CFMDC), Groupe Intervention Vidéo (GIV), Les Films du 3 mars (F3M), Moving Images Distribution, Vidéo Femmes, Video Out Distribution (VIVO), Video Pool, Winnipeg Film Group. Other organizations may join the Coalition going forward.
$1.5 million to support national digital platform for the distribution and dissemination of media artworks
May 22, 2014
Ottawa - The Canada Council for the Arts today announced it will invest $1.5 million to support the creation of a national digital platform for independent works of Canadian film and video. The platform will support the distribution and dissemination of independent media artworks, making thousands of works available to programmers, curators, directors, artists and the general public. Canada Council is providing one time funding over three years for the initiative, which will be developed and administered by a coalition of Canada’s independent media arts distributors.
About the platform and coalition
For more information: http://canadacouncil.ca/en/council/news-room/news/2014/ccimad
Selected Works by the Loop Collective: Volume 1
Canada / 98 min. / 2012
sound/silent / colour & b/w
A selection of films produced between 2005-2011 by members of The Loop Collective, a Toronto-based group of independent filmmakers, musicians, dancers and multimedia artists who strive to connect cinema to related interdisciplinary art forms.
1. fugitive l(i)ght
2. c: won eyed jail
6. Shapes Eat Shapes
8. Spiders in Eden
9. The Changing Light
10. Christ Church - Saint James
11. Thought Form
13. Many Glimpses
14. Movement / Stasis (documentation)
For more information: http://cfmdc.org/node/16192